Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager (O'Fallon, MO)
UBC Group USA is currently hiring for a full-time Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager
We're looking for the experienced professional to take our Warehouse Operations to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in warehouse operations, inventory management and team leadership, UBC Group USA is the company for you.
We offer competitive pay, full benefits, great and fun work environment, career opportunities within the company. We are looking for a long-term employee.
UBC Group USA is the U.S. branch of UBC Group, one of the top manufacturers of beverage/beer cooling and dispensing products in the world. Founded in 2005 UBC Group USA has experienced large growth in the beverage equipment industry.
More information about UBC Group USA is available at www.beer-co.us
Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager is responsible for directing the efficient and cost-effective day-to-day operation of our warehouse facility with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel (including hiring, training, conducting employee meetings and leading the team). The Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager will manage inbound activities related to the receipt and storage of goods, inventory management, claims and outbound activities related to order fulfillment, stock replenishment and shipping. This position will be responsible for developing KPI metrics to maximize operations efficiencies. The Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager is responsible for budgeting, facility and equipment operation. He/she will administer overall inventory management (including cycle and random counts; FIFO, etc.), productivity, accuracy, and loss prevention programs to ensure that company requirements are met. In addition, the Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager will oversee maintenance processes, record keeping, safety protocol, security services and inventory control to ensure warehouse team, service providers, equipment and physical assets are safe and secure.
Position: Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager.
Position Type and Classification: Full-time position/Exempt.
Work Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm (may be assigned in the range of 7:00am – 6:00pm after probation and orientation periods).
Location: O’Fallon, MO.
Training: In-house training is provided.
Probation and Orientations Periods: 3 months, paid.
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES
- Observes and enforces all safety precautions and regulations at all times; in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting, managing and reducing all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Manages efficient day-to-day inbound and outbound warehouse operations, including: unloading, check-in, put-away, picking orders, maintain on time shipping schedule and location maintenance.
- Develops and implements shipping and receiving work procedures and assignments to assure effective and efficient operations.
- Evaluates, designs, and establishes proper layout of the warehouse and product placement to ensure the environment is most conducive to optimize efficiencies while using FIFO inventory management method.
- Ensures proper inspection and disposition of incoming goods.
- Participates in implementation, evaluates, designs, and establishes proper procedure for using barcode scanning system for all products.
- Coordinates with Procurement Department and maintain appropriate inventory levels and product loss control.
- Manages and maintains an effective cycle count program to achieve specified inventory accuracy rate.
- Works closely with other departments to investigate customer complaints involving order accuracy and/or carrier delivery issues.
- Establishes and monitors quality assurance goals.
- Secures company assets.
- Ensures that equipment is utilized and maintained in the most efficient manner.
- Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
- Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results.
- Inspires a shared vision and empowers and motivates a team.
- Demonstrates ability to build professional rapport, effectively leads a team and positively influences diverse groups.
- Proves ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals. To include assisting in establishing operating budgets to obtain cost savings for our fiscal budgets.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
- Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to improve safety, increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
- Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
- Hires and terminates supervised staff. Responsible for supervisory and employee population development, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Provides training and learning sessions to the warehouse team regarding safety, processes, functions, and other warehouse related activities that will improve the team’s performance and increase their understanding of the aforementioned activities.
- Monitors the effectiveness of development and skill building systems against productivity and employee turnover goals and take corrective action as needed.
- Leads daily team meetings to discuss operational performance, safety, training and warehouse related topics.
- Develops and maintains a work culture committed to superior customer service while seeking continuous improvement in the management of facilities, equipment, and people in the warehouse operations.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to be a visible leader and maximize employee interactions.
- Performs other duties as requested or required to successfully complete the job.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Strong Communication Skills, Self-Development, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Microsoft Office Skills, Teamwork, Adaptability, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, OSHA, Leadership, Barcode Scanning Systems, Logistics, Inventory Management, Shipping & Receiving, FIFO, Warehouse Optimization
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer (please do NOT apply if you are NOT authorized to work in the United States for any employer).
- NO criminal records and/or drug issues in the past.
- At least 5+ years of experience working in warehouse operations, retail management, and/or manufacturing.
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- 3+ years of inventory management experience.
- At least high school diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of barcode scanning systems.
- Working knowledge of warehouse/mechanical equipment.
- Excellent supervisory, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to adapt to different working environments and job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Experienced Forklift Operator.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety rules.
- Knowledge of different warehouse operations and inventory management software applications.
- Experience of using QuickBooks software (or similar).
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, climb, push, and pull, including the ability to maneuver at heights and in tight or small places.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that weigh up to 50 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Rate: From $45,000/year and based on experience, qualifications and skills.
Pay Frequency: Monthly.
Benefits, after 3 months of successful orientation and probation periods, include:
- Medical and Dental insurances paid in-full by company.
- 16 hours of paid PTO (until first employment anniversary).
- Travel and business expenses are fully reimbursed (if any), corporate credit card.
- Computer, equipped workplace and corporate cell phone paid and provided by company.
- Annual Employee Performance Bonus Program based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company pays for the training and courses that may benefit employee’s performance.
Benefits, after 1 year of employment, include (in addition to the listed above):
- 10 days paid vacation + 40 hours of paid PTO.
- Paid Holidays.
- Vision paid in-full by company.
- 401(k) with up to 4% employer match.
- Profit sharing based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Initial interview at our location.
- If selected, final interview with CEO.
- Job offer will be issued if an applicant is selected and pass the Criminal Background, Employment Audit, and pass a drug screening test, if requested (paid by company).
- Non-Disclosure and Restrictive Covenant, Confidentiality and Employment Agreements must be signed when accepting the job offer.
Please indicate your salary requirements/expectations when submitting resume.
UBC Group USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, UBC Group USA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company provides services.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Use this link to apply.