Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager
We're looking for the experienced professional to take our Warehouse Operations to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in warehouse operations, inventory management and team leadership, UBC Group USA is the company for you.
We offer competitive pay, full benefits, great and fun work environment, career opportunities within the company. We are looking for a long-term employee.
UBC Group USA is the U.S. branch of UBC Group, one of the top manufacturers of beverage/beer cooling and dispensing products in the world. Founded in 2006 UBC Group USA has experienced large growth in the beverage equipment industry.
Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager is responsible for directing the efficient and cost-effective day-to-day operation of our warehouse facility with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel (including hiring, training, conducting employee meetings and leading the team). The Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager will manage inbound activities related to the receipt and storage of goods, inventory management, claims and outbound activities related to order fulfillment, stock replenishment and shipping. This position will be responsible for developing KPI metrics to maximize operations efficiencies. The Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager is responsible for budgeting, facility and equipment operation. He/she will administer overall inventory management (including cycle and random counts; FIFO, etc.), productivity, accuracy, and loss prevention programs to ensure that company requirements are met. In addition, the Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager will oversee maintenance processes, record keeping, safety protocol, security services and inventory control to ensure warehouse team, service providers, equipment and physical assets are safe and secure.
Position: Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager.
Position Type and Classification: Full-time position/Exempt.
Work Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm (may be switched to 7:00am – 3:30pm during summer heat). Infrequent over-time stays are needed during high season.
Location: O’Fallon, MO.
Training: In-house training is provided.
Probation and Orientations Periods: 3 months, paid.
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES
- Observes and enforces all safety precautions and regulations at all times; in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting, managing and reducing all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Manages efficient day-to-day inbound and outbound warehouse operations, including: unloading, check-in, put-away, picking orders, maintain on time shipping schedule and location maintenance.
- Develops and implements shipping and receiving work procedures and assignments to assure effective and efficient operations.
- Evaluates, designs, and establishes proper layout of the warehouse and product placement to ensure the environment is most conducive to optimize efficiencies while using FIFO inventory management method.
- Ensures proper inspection and disposition of incoming goods.
- Participates in implementation, evaluates, designs, and establishes proper procedure for using barcode scanning system for all products.
- Coordinates with Procurement Department and maintain appropriate inventory levels and product loss control.
- Manages and maintains an effective cycle count program to achieve specified inventory accuracy rate.
- Works closely with other departments to investigate customer complaints involving order accuracy and/or carrier delivery issues.
- Establishes and monitors quality assurance goals.
- Secures company assets.
- Ensures that equipment is utilized and maintained in the most efficient manner.
- Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
- Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results.
- Inspires a shared vision and empowers and motivates a team.
- Demonstrates ability to build professional rapport, effectively leads a team and positively influences diverse groups.
- Proves ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals. To include assisting in establishing operating budgets to obtain cost savings for our fiscal budgets.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer (please do NOT apply if you are NOT authorized to work in the United States for any employer).
- No criminal records and/or drug issues in the past.
- At least 5+ years of experience working in warehouse operations, retail management, and/or manufacturing.
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- 3+ years of inventory management experience.
- At least high school diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of barcode scanning systems.
- Working knowledge of warehouse/mechanical equipment.
- Excellent supervisory, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Proficiencyin Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to adapt to different working environments and job responsibilities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Rate: TBD based on experience, qualifications and skills.
Pay Frequency: Monthly.
Benefits, after 1 year of employment, include:
- 10 days paid vacation + 40 hours of paid PTO.
- Paid Holidays.
- Vision, short- and long-term disability, life term insurances paid in-full by company.
- 401(k) with up to 5% employer match.
- Profit sharing based on annual performance and sales goals.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
Full COVID-19 preventive measures are implemented throughout facility (social distancing, wearing mask requirement, hand washing and sanitation stations, etc.).
- Warehouse Management: 3 years (Required)
- Forklift Operator: 5 years (Required)
- Warehouse Distribution: 5 years (Required)
- Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Supervising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Inventory Management: 3 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Osha: 3 years (Preferred)
Use this link to apply.